The Arduino microcontroller will be used in several projects on the Zity Edge RR.
This page and content is under development.
Some of the functions and animations using Arduino:
- Arduino # 1(Mega): Lighting of the layout: The main lighting of the layout is with LED-strips, all controlled by an Arduino Mega. Controls also the ligting blink and sound animations. It may be controlled via external buttons, timing or the Virtual Panel. Using the Virtual Panel, I can use the PC and don't need to build any physical buttons to operate the Arduinos. This is the Master Arduino communicating with the other Arduinos using the I2C feature.
- Arduino # 2(Nano): Background sounds. May also be used for house and street lights.
- Arduino # 3(Nano): Church light and sound: The layouts church wil have external floodlights and internal lights, and sound with the churchbell activated every hour(fast clock) and with organ and choir sound.
- Arduino # 4(Nano): Level crossing with working gates, lights and sound, operated by the trains. At least one crossing will have servooperated gates installed, the other only lights and bell sound.
- Street lights, road crossing light.
- Street Hazard lights.
- Ligts in houses.
- Flashing warning lights on the chimneys on the Powerplant, and red steady lights on some high buildings.
- Animation lights and sound effects in industry buildings.
And more and more. :-)
The list with be expanded and desriptions will be created.
Different types of Arduinos will be used, Mega, Uno, Nano and Pro Micro, depending on the size of the project.