The styren base for the main bridge over Jakobs Creek start to live. The bridge is cut out of 0,5 mm styren. Need some more work, and some basement structures, but I think it will work.
Finally some work have been done to create the landscape and the bridges crossing Jakobs Creek. It has been a long time with no progression on the layout.
The base for the landscape, using styrofoam, is near complete and some pieces of rock have been put in place.
Now its time to create the bridges and one test of the mainbridge is set up. What type of bridge shall be installed?
It's possible to use a drop in decoder in the new AZL-61011, SD75M and similar models, delivered in 2014.
I already had some TCS Z2 decoders in spare, so I want to use them instead.
Read about my Project here: Mount TCS Z2 decoder in AZL-61011, SD75M
A lot of work have been done on the rockwork and on the vegetation along the line. Below you can see 2 images from different parts of the layout.
The support wall for the lower line has been installed. Some rock pieces are installed.
Very little progress the last months, but finally the work with ballasting the tracks and coloring of the layout have started.
Here some images showing the work in progress:
Tonight all the tracks for the turntable and roundhouse have been installed and tested. 2 of the outside tracks will be extended later(and the 2 yard track will loose some lenght). Must also install a automatic polarity change unit un the turntable later. Have made a switch and button to control the turntable, must be placed on the fascia.
Finally all tracks are installed on the new permanent layout. Last night I finished the High Line double track and 4 turnouts. Run some test on the track and everything looks great. On this part I dont use corkbed under the track. I normally like to use spikes, but here I clued all the track to the roadbed. Next step will be to paint the tracks.
The base for the Eastside commercial and industrial area has been installed, on top of the eastside of the station tracks, giving a good area to build Eastside.
I have started to build some mockups of the buildings to figure out how it would be and to check out the different options. I am planning to use many paperbuildings and using photos of actual buildings to create the the front of the buildings.
The 4 images, in poor IPhone, low light quality, gives you an idea of how it can be.
There have been slow progress on the new permanent layout, the empire, the last months, but some progress have been done on the mountains the last weeks. Many rock pieces have been installed and the work can soon start to blend them into the surface with some plastering. I would love to start some coloring, but think I will wait until more of the rockwork have been finished.
Finally the Silver Creek Module has been finished and ready for the road and some Z-scale action.
Check out the Silver Creek Imagelibrary.
2 years have gone since last time I did anything with my Zmod-module, but now in 3 week, I shall on the road again with Saguaro River and my Zmod-modules, a weekend with 2 days of exhibition.
The module have never been finished, as I started to plan and build my new permanent layout. So I need to hurry, so the new Zmod-module can run trains.
I have now wired the electrical for the internal roundtrack, and tonight I have blended in a tunnelportal and also the abutment for the big trestle. The trackbed and beams for 2 other short bridges have been installed also, only missing some abutment for this 2 bridges.
Some work have been done to create the concrete bridge abutments.
Some mountainwork has also been done. In the left corner, the whole mountain is made by gluing foam together and the whole mountain can be lifted up so the track inside the tunnels can be checked.
The last months I have been busy with a lot of different parts on the layout, from installing Led String Lighting for the layout, making of the fascia front, finishing trackwork and all the track wiring, including Power Distribution Panel and the conventional block switches for part of the yards to be used with traditional DC Power. Since my main power will be DCC, only a few tracks have switches.
The power is divided into several Power Districts, giving the possibility to run both DCC and DC at the same time on different part of the layout.
Near all tracks are painted and the first landscaping have started to be done.
Finally I have taken some more pictures to document the progress. Enjoy!
Read more about the Power Districts and the final as built layout drawing here.
A few days ago I put this first test run from the layout on youtube: